Re: Who is altering my hostname?

On 2007-09-26 00:04:26 +0200, Florian Lindner wrote:
> What could this make happen? In /etc/init.d/ there is nothing like a dhcp
> client. I have also removed some packages with dhcp in their names.
>
> Any idea what makes these two files changing and how to avoid it?

It seems to be a dhcp client (but I don't know why). Have you checked
that pump isn't installed?

Or perhaps resolvconf does this if it is installed (on one of my
machines, it got installed automatically and modified some files,
which was annoying as I use netenv).

Also, you should look at the mtime of the modified files and look
at your log files if something special occurred at this time (or
a few seconds earlier).