Openoffice file takes a long time to open

Hello,
I am running Etch on a Dell Precision laptop.
 I have one openoffice file, say XYZ.odt, which takes a long time to open (maybe 25 minutes).
While it is opening, Openoffice is stalled.
It is not big. ls-l  reports its size as 18,000.
I have many much bigger files which open immediately.

I copied the file to SUSE linux that I have on a desktop, and the file opened quickly.
I tried changing its name.
I tried copying its contents to a new file.
I made a copy of the file (using cp).
I had some URLs in the file, which I changed to text (removed the blue and underline)
I ran fsck on the filesystem on which it resides, and it reported no bad blocks.

Any ideas where I look?

John