Re: lirc on Debian with AMD64

Hi Marty,

Marty wrote:
David Brodbeck wrote:
I find with LIRC it's usually easiest to abandon using packages and build it from scratch. It seems to be much easier to configure that way. I realize this isn't the Debian-correct(tm) way to do it but it's usually what I resort to.

In the case or the original poster, that's more likely to be the problem than the solution. The following line from the latest version's lirc startup script for "Debian":

# This is an init script for Debian 2.1 Slink distribution.

That probably explains is it expects to find /dev/lirc instead of /dev/lirc0, as udev expects.

OK, but shouldn't this device be created when the module loads? I don't know why this device isn't created upon boot when the module loads. Confused further because the device (/dev/lirc) *is* created when the module is loaded for the first time after installing the module .deb package??

I'll try my mitigation strategy of removing the Hauppauge and installing my Compro DVB card.

Cheers,
Greg