Re: how to edit init script to automatically enable/disable network connection?

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 09:12:15PM -0700, Serena Cantor wrote:
> During sarge installation, ethernet connection is configed
>
> Now I have wireless connection, with commands below:
>
> ifconfig eth0 down
> modprobe rt2500
> ifconfig ra0 up
> dhclient ra0
>
> And I no longer use ethernet connection.
> How to change scripts to automate these?

Theoretically you can do all the magic inside /etc/network/interfaces
(untested, see 'man interfaces')

1. comment out 'auto eth0' or 'allow-hotplug eth0'
2. add

auto ra0
iface ra0 inet dhcp
	pre-up modprobe rt2500 #or list the module in /etc/modules

HTH,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)