Re: How encrypt cron output mail [was: exim4 with gpg?]

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 06:17:38PM +0200, Peter Jordan wrote:
> Douglas A. Tutty, 09/22/07 17:24:
> > On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 04:42:25PM +0200, Peter Jordan wrote:
> >>
> >> i run debian etch with exim4 (smarthost configuration) for outbound
> >> emails.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to encrypt the outbound emails with gpg?
> >>
> >> If it is possible how can i do that?
> >>

> > That is the job of your mail user agent (e.g. mutt).  How can a mail
> > transport agent sending mail to many different people encrypt the
> > mail for each of them?  Read the gpg manual/howto, etc.
> >
> > Doug.
> >

> sorry, i forgot to say that i run a server, and i want the
> cron-/logcheck-messages etc to be encrypted.

OK.  So its: how can I get cron messages to be encrypted.

How about leaving the root mail to go to a local user (even root) and
then use exim's mail filter stuff to pass the mail to a script you write
that takes the mail, encrypts it, and forwards it to you wherever in the
world you are?

I don't know, but at least the question is clarified so you won't get
everyone telling you the same thing.

Doug.