Re: Can't configure multiple print queues for one printer

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 02:41:35PM -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> I administer a machine on which we wish to have multiple
> queues associated with a single locally (USB) connected
> printer. This machine is GNOME. I can't seem to figure
> out how to do that with Debian. I use FC2 on another machine,
> and have no troubles configuring multiple queues for my
> single printer (local, parallel).
>
> Can anyone help me configure Debian for multiple queues
> for this one printer?
>
> We want a greyscale queue, and a color queue.

Try LPRng (get all the docs too).  Then use apsfilter to do the
conversions.  Or you can use LPRng with foomatic-printfilters and
foomatic-GUI to set it up.

Or perhaps you can do like most others on Debian and use CUPS, but I've
never used cups except for my tea; CUPS isn't my cup of tea. :)

As for GNOME, don't know.  Never used that either.

Doug.