Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2007 #2427

please take me off of your email list.

thanks

-------------- Original message from debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org: --------------

OK, solved.

What happened was, that the network was not set up correctly at the time when openvpn was started.

I appears the DHCP on ethernet is really slow.

So I removed the /etc/rc2.d/S??openvpn file and set up the /etc/network/if-up.d/openvpn file (it was
already there, I just added a few lines) :

#!/bin/sh
if [  "$IFACE" == lo ]; then
  exit 0
# I added this check to not run 2 copies of ovpn , one for lo and one for eth1
# the first (lo) would then hang there and the second would fail as the first
# holds the 1194 port
fi

OPENVPN=/etc/init.d/openvpn
# I added this to define the config name : /etc/openvpn/gamma.conf
IF_OPENVPN=gamma

if [ ! -x $OPENVPN ]; then
  exit 0
fi