RE: [Openvpn-users] /etc/init.d/openvpn does not work, manual is OK

Most problably this a problem concerned to the user used on the start process.

If You’re loged in as root and it start ok, try to make a ‘su’ to the user that openvpn runs and see what happens.

Edson.

From: openvpn-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:openvpn-users-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of David Balazic
Sent: quinta-feira, 20 de setembro de 2007 14:13
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org; openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Openvpn-users] /etc/init.d/openvpn does not work, manual is OK

Hi!

I've been using an OpenVPN client setup for months with success and now I decided to start it automatically during startup.

I copied the config file to /etc/openvpn/tun1.conf and the used key file also :  /etc/openvpn/key

If I now start it with " /etc/init.d/openvpn start", it works fine.

But if I reboot, it connects to the VPN server, but does not set the routes (I have "route-gateway 10.4.0.1" and
"redirect-gateway def1" in the config file).

The last lines after boot are :
NET: Registered protocol familiy 10
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver