xbindkeys broken?

Hi,

There's been a recent xbindkeys update (Sid), and I'm having sudden
xbindkeys trouble; I am not absolutely sure that these two data points
are related.  xbindkeys used to work fine, but for the last day or two,
key combos that formerly worked fine are often ignored; the specified
action does not occur, and the key falls through to the app with focus.
I can't see any pattern; sometimes nothing seems to work, sometimes some
do and some don't.  All my combos are of the form "Mod4
+ a" for some character.  Anyone else seeing anything odd with
xbindkeys?

Celejar