Re: cdrecord problem

>"I have an Etch box with a linux-image-2.6.18-5-k7.  All works well but

>   wodim -devices
>   Beginning native device scan.  This may take a while ...
>   wodim:  Invalid argument.  Cannot Set  SG_SET_TIMEOUT

>Apt-get install wodim confirms I have the latest release.  I have also
>run apt-get dist-upgrade but still get the same result from wodim -devices.

>What's wrong?
>"

>The problem is still unsolved.

Do not expect this to be fixed in wodim.

Wodim was an attempt to harm free software at the expense of the users.
The first 8 months, there was some speudo acticivies but since 4.5 months
it is dead.

>linux-image-2.6.18-5-amd64 kernel, a Lite-On DVDRW drive and a CompUSA
>CD_RW drive.    With the linux cdrecord (wodim) I get the   wodim:
>Invalid argument.  Cannot Set  SG_SET_TIMEOUT message.  With the
>original cdrecord  the cdrecord -scanbus finds both drives immediately
>but when I try to burn a cd neither works.  If I specify the Lite-On
>drive there are grinding noises and, after several delays, most of the

Did you use a recent cdrecord version? Recent is 2.01.01a35 and the old
versions (including wodim) you find on the non-cooperative Linux distributions
do not include workarounds for the bugs in recent Linux kernels.....

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/linux-dist.html#packages

If you did never compile software, you may try to use the Ubuntu binaries...

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)