Re: Howto use dvd iso-images for package installation

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 08:58:55AM +0300, Tuomas Jouhten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running a basic workstation etch 4.0r1, X running, installed by booting a
> netinst image (with installgui option) and then downloading the basic stuff the
> installer downloads automatically. I have complete etch 4.0r1 dvd iso-images
> (all three) on an another hard drive.
> The question is how am I able to take advantage of these isos on the hd, i.e.
> how can I get my hand on the packages in them.

There are several options. One of them would be to loop-mount the iso's
to /cdrom and use apt-cdrom. The downside would be that you need to
switch the mounted iso (though most of the needed stuff should be on DVD
1). There should be other methods, but I don't know them. Try the
apt-howto.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)