Re: Linux Printer Sharing

On Sep 15, 2007, at 5:49 PM, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 the mental interface of
ArcticFox told:

_<

Hidden by the too small window were a bunch of check boxes. One of them called 'Share published printers connected to this system' I checked that and now I can use the CUPS web interface on my Mac to print a test page. However I still can't print to it from other apps. Picking the printer out of the 'Shared printers' list gets me the error 'Printer not found in your
printer list'

On your Mac please post the output of:

$ grep -v "^#" /etc/cups/client.conf

Here you go:

Last login: Sat Sep 15 17:05:38 on ttyp4
Welcome to Darwin!
genkos-Computer:~ genko$ grep -v "^#" /etc/cups/client.conf

ServerName CupsServer

genkos-Computer:~ genko$