Re: Linux Printer Sharing

Hi all.
I've  a Etch machine that acts also as a print server.
In my laptop is installed a lenny, and in my wife laptop, win XP pro (:-().
I have 2 printers configured in my server (one usb port and one lpt port).

I have NOT installed samba on my server (well, really it's installed, but not configured to share printers!).

I have configured both in my laptop using CUPS and pointing the to the server (for example: http://my_server:631/printers/my_printer_name).
In the XP laptop i use the Adobe Postscript Driver and configure in the way described above.

Of course, in my server i have modified the cups configuration file (etc/cups/cupsd.conf) to allow the connection from other hosts.

Anyway, i agree with Ron & Steve, SAMBA should be the better way to do that job.
For win machine you can use also the "cupsaddsmb" utility to automagic install!!

Hope it helps you!
Bye