Re: Linux Printer Sharing

On Sep 14, 2007, at 8:59 PM, steve wrote:

ArcticFox wrote:
I have an HP printer that I would like to share to my other two computers. One's a Mac and the other's Windows. The printer will be connected to the server through USB, I can get the server to print to the printer, but I can't get the other two computers to find it.

Please help, I've no idea what else to do!

cant help with the windows side, but the mac should have cups already running. try localhost:631 from a browser on the mac box and configure from there. if cups isnt running or installed then install it first. then administration -> add printer , location is the only thing that really needs to be correct .......that would be /the ip of the linux box/printers/name of the printer

It seems to be running, however I can't do anything there as it keeps asking for a username and password. I've tried my administrative account (that I can use for everything else) as well as the root account and it just keeps bouncing back to the same page.