Re: install to and boot (debian) lenny from USB

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 02:55:04PM +0000, Loeghmon T. Nejad wrote:
> I like to install Debian (desktop version) to a 4GB flash disk. Can
> someone please give me a link to a good, easy to follow instructions,
> for doing this?  Thank you all.

well, google could certainly tell you. That's what I did to get these
two links that may help. They both use encryption, which is probably a
good idea for something so easy to lose, but you can certainly work
around those parts too.

http://feraga.com/library/howto_install_debian_linux_onto_a_usb_thumb_drive_with_the_root_partition_encrypted_using_uuids_initramfs_tools_dm_crypt

current song: The Killers - Andy, You're a Star