Re: need a pointer on emacs

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 03:33:40AM -0400, Chuck Payne wrote:
>> Can someone point me to a website that explains how I can use emacs to
>> complice, I get a thousands site with I try to use google to look it.
>> I am currently working on teaching myself to program in curses, but it a
>> pain to save the compile, someone told me that you can do that within
>> emacs and test the file.
>> Thanks,
>> Payne
> Sorry, what I meant to says compile within emacs. Sorry a very very late
> night or early morning. :)

These will help:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CompileCommand
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CompilationMode

And I would recommend that you use Emacs 22. The default colouring is
better there for compilation.

And BTW, did you know that source errors and warning are coloured, and
merely pressing enter on them takes you to the correct position in the
correct file in the source code? Improves efficiency a lot!

Of course, more experienced users can chip in with their tips.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
458, Jamuna Hostel,