Re: firefox keeps grabbing huge chunks of my system

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 11:54:49AM -0700, tom arnall wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 September 2007 10:55, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 09:00:09AM -0700, tom arnall wrote:
> > > firefox keeps grabbing huge chunks of my system: 97% cpu, 20% memory. the
> > > cpu is 2.3GH and mem is 512M.
> >
> > more info. what pages? what plugins are installed etc etc etc

> no particular page. in fact, it's when i'm not actually using the browser that
> the problem seems to hit most often.

well, its a mystery to me, but I'd start by 1) making sure I'm fully
upgraded, 2) eliminate the duplicate libflashpayers (you've got both 7
and 9 installed, 3) upgrade that java plugin.

Is this problem a short thing? or does it persist? IOW, does it grab
all that cpu and memory and then give it back or does it keep it
forever?

others have asked, what versions of which firefox derivative are you
running?

current song: Weezer - Surf Wax America/Live