Re: Where'd my "debian" menu go???

Philippe Marzouk <phil-antispam@ozigo.org> wrote:
> Did you try to reactivate it through alacarte ?

*Very* interesting.

I install alacarte, and run it. Neat! And looks very familiar...

So I right-click on applications again, and click on "edit menus". Instead
of the limited editor I had before, I now have alacarte. Very neat!

Buut.... alacarte says the "Debian" menu is already enabled.

So I uncheck it.

5 seconds later... it re-checks itself!!!

So I try unchecking it again... and sure enough, within a few seconds it
re-checks itself.

I still don't have a "debian" menu...

I try unchecking it and then really quickly closing the window. I reopen
alacarte, and it's checked again, and I don't have a debian menu.

So I try unchecking it, rechecking it, then really quickly closing the
window. I'm presented with a "Directory Properties" window asking me to
supply the "Name" and "Comment" for the debian menu. I click "Close" in that
window.

I have a debian menu again!!!

Bizzare.

Now, it gets weirder. If I deselect "Debian", it re-checks itself... but the
menu disappears!

So, to make a "Debian" menu appear, I have to check and uncheck it. To make
it go away, I have to uncheck it. Whatever the *actual* state is, the GUI
always shows it as selected within a few seconds.

I tried this with a few other menus. "Games" behaves weird like "Debian";
"Programming" behaves normally.

At least I have my Debian menu back...

I'm going to play with this dialog on my work desktop tomorrow and see how
it behaves...

  - Tyler