Re: Can't execute PHP script

Randy Patterson wrote:
Hey,

I installed apache like;

aptitude install apache2 php5 libapache2-mod-php5

As returned by apache2ctl, I am running;

Apache/2.2.4 (Debian) PHP/5.2.3-1+b1

I point my browser to;

http://localhost/apache2-default/test.php

The file test.php contains this code;

<h1>PHP Test</h1>
<?php print "Hello World!"; ?>

The browser outputs only;

PHP Test

The script doesn't get executed. There seems to be a large number of ways to setup a LAMP server so it's difficult to know if a particular set of instructions apply to your setup. I have posted this problem here several weeks back and then tried the PHP-Users list to no avail. I would really like the get this setup on my Linux system and not have to use Windows, which I have no problem at all running PHP on IIS. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Randy

PS. I'm running Lenny

Check your Apache error log and see if there are any messages regarding PHP.

    - Dave

--

Dave Parker
Utica College Department of