Re: Installation trouble

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 01:02:55AM +0700, [WP]Fate wrote:
> Hello! I've tried to install Debian 4.0 r0 Etch to my notebook, Compaq
> Presario V6420US.

Welcome to Debian, almost. Hopefully we can help you in your nobel
persuit ;-)

>System halted after something about 5 minutes working.

Are you saying that you put the debian cd in the cd drive, rebooted, the
installer started and a few minutes into the installation, it stopped
working?

> Maybe, it happens, because cooler on CPU starts by command of operating
> system, and system do not send it. What may I do? Thank you for reading
> this.

If that is the case, try letting the computer rest and cool off and then
try again after its cool. Although, that seems odd to happen.

Give us more infomation so that we can help you complete your install.
cheers,
Kev
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|