Re: kernel 2.6.22 - sata

nicolas wrote:

> i have install kernel 2.6.22 on debian etch, every thing works fine
> except when i shutdown de computer it shows me an error on the sata,
> it say i have a problem with my shutdown utility, and shows me a web
> site, but in the web site it says nothing.  any one knows what to
> do?

Make sure you read http://linux-ata.org/shutdown.html

There is a patch that I use partially:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-sysvinit-commits/2007-June.txt

I expected this patch would soon be available in testing version of
sysvinit, but it has not arrived yet. It seems that there are some
issues to be resolved. See:

My understanding is that if all you have are sata drives then it is
safe to apply the above patch. But I am not sure.

This is on my todo list. I almost forgot about it.