Debian packages without md5sums

By diligent lurking on this NG, I read of and tried the following
routines:

1.  "debsums_gen -l" - which gave the following output (first two
lines):

Checking for packages without md5sums list
aalib1 akode alsaplayer at base-config base-files bc bin86 binutils

and

2."# aptitude search '~i! ~M'" - which started as follows:

i   a2ps
i   adduser
i   afio
i   alien
i   alsa-base
i   alsa-oss
i   alsa-utils
i   alsamixergui
i   alsaplayer
i   alsaplayer-alsa
i   alsaplayer-common
i   alsaplayer-gtk
i   alsaplayer-oss
i   antiword
i   apt
i   apt-utils
i   apt-zip
i   aptitude
i   aptitude-doc-en
i   aspell
i   aspell-en
i   at
i   audacity

>From which I deduce that some packages lost their md5sums during my
upgrade from Sarge to Etch and some packages did not.

The fault is mine/my setup.  My connection to the internet is slow;
hence I am reduced to using the DVDs for upgrades.  Although I procured
the "official" Etch DVD set from a supplier listed by Debian, there were
numerous notifications during the "dist-upgrade" that I was installing
"untrusted packages". And, due to my slow internet connection, I refrained
from running the recommended "aptitude update" at the end of the
successful "dist-upgrade".

Is there an alternative to "aptitude update" or do I have to live with the
missing md5sums and "untrusted packages"?

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)