Iptables & Default policy of Reject

Hi

I am just going through my firewall setup and I notice I can no longer
do  iptables -P INPUT REJECT

when did this happen ? I could have sworn that is what I used to use as
a default, yes I know I can drop and add a -A -j REJECT

amd64 lenny
iptables -V
iptables v1.3.8
uname -r
2.6.20-1-amd64

 iptables -P INPUT REJECT
iptables: Bad policy name

but I can do a iptables -A INPUT -j REJECT

strange

Alex
ps sorry if this a double post I did not see my previous email make it to the
list