Re: Moving MySQL database from one machine to another and remotely accessing dbs?

Ron Johnson(ron.l.johnson@cox.net) is reported to have said:

> On 09/10/07 10:50, ArcticFox wrote:

> >> Because my guru, Paul DuBois, said so.
> >>
> >> WT
> >>
> > And there's a chance that you'll end up with missing/corrupt or
> > incomplete data being moved.
>
> But isn't MySQL5 supposed to be Enterprise Ready?  Any "enterprise"
> RDBMS worthy of the appellation can do hot backups *and* PITR
> (point-in-time recovery).

Yes, I think it is, but the OP said he was using 4.1 and thats what my
DuBois Mysql 4.1 book and Articfox said.  It might corrupt files 'if'
there were read/writes while running mysqldump.

Wayne

--
The program is absolutely right; therefore the computer must be wrong.