how get colour mutt when ssh from OBSD?

Hello,

I have a box that runs OpenBSD that sshes into my Debian box.  On
OpenBSD, the default colour term is vt220 so when I ssh to debian, TERM
is set to vt220.

When I run mc, all is well; colour, line draw, whatever.

When I run lynx or mutt, I get black on white with no colour.  On Lynx
this means that my blue on gray ends up as white on black; with mutt I
don't get the blue top and bottom lines or the red thread lines.

If I ssh in from an xterm, with TERM=xterm, everything is fine.

Does anyone have any clues on this?

Thanks,

Doug.