Re: growisofs fails

> Weird thing is, it does actually write to the disc - the first couple of
> MB at least.  If I put the disc in afterwards, it's got the correct label
> and table of contents.  The rewritable discs I have (DVD+RW) work just
> fine, and the Verbatim discs work just fine when I use an external USB dvd
> writer.  Is this just a media incompatibility or is my drive going bad?

The easiest way to tell would be to test burning with that drive from
another OS or from a different PC.

I found a few forums threads (for other distros) where people reported
the same problem, but there was no conclusive solution.

You could also try upgrading to a newer kernel version and seeing if that helps.