Re: MSI nVidia NX7600GT-T2D256E

Hello!

> A few days ago I reverted to the "nv" driver and so far so good (it's
> still a bit early to be sure though though).  Interestingly, the
> occasional APIC error I used to see in dmesg (a couple a day at most?)
> seems to have dried up.

I reverted too to the "nv" driver and I have no crash so far, but
some application just can't to start.

I get the error message on xterm window:

$ /usr/brlcad/bin/mged
Initializing and backgrounding, please wait...Xlib:  extension "GLX"
missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
ogl_open: Can't get an appropriate visual.
Done

$ neverputt
neverputt: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

Any advices?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi