Re: How to get a list of installed packages

Franz Edler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if the question is too simple. I just started with debian-etch.
> I now tried to figure out how I can get a list of actually installed
> packages.
> Is there a simple answer?

dpkg --get-selections > installed_packages_list.txt

Another option that you migt want to look at is dpkg --set-selections. Both
the options are explained in the dpkg manual. You can also find some tips
in the "Debian Reference" book (apt-get install debian-reference-en)

hth
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi