Re: Netinst Fails to Recognize SATA Components

Thomas H. George wrote:
I purchased an HP desktop with a SATA hard drive and a SATA dvdrom/cdrw and added a second SATA hard drive on which I want to install Debian Etch.

Clearly the SATA components are not recognized  by either programs.

I had that problem with a couple of servers a while back. I just checked my logbook on how I fixed it, and the note said: "go into BIOS, set SATA mode to IDE." That did it for me.