Re: How to restore restore grub after a Windows reinstall?

Alfredo Finol F wrote:
El jue, 06-09-2007 a las 22:07 -0400, Cavan Mejias escribió:
                 I think my windows XP partition might have a virus or
maybe some of the Microsoft files are damaged.  Its running very slow
but linux works fine. I wonder if anyone can tell me if  I can
reinstall windows without messing up grub? Or should I just resign
myself to a fresh install of  both OSes? Any comments or advice
appreciated.
                     Cavan

You can install Win again, but you have to find for a Live CD an then
restore grub follow the next steps:
1) mount the Windows partition
2) with the command grub-install, you can reinstall the grub on the MBR
3) and the last, reboot an try
No need to mount the Windows partition. And it can be the Debian installer or rescue CD rather than a LiveCD (although I typically use a LiveCD, as Alfredo suggests, 'cause I usually have one handy).

--
Kent