Re: Network cards changed after kernel upgrade in Etch

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 20:25:12 -0300, Eriberto wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am having problems when I upgrade the Etch in my servers. The NICs
> designations are changing. For example, in a machine the NIC was eth0
> with 2.6.18-4-686 kernel. After the first upgrade, the NIC was renamed
> to eth1. The same fact occurs with 2.6.21-2 kernel (Etch-backports).
> What is the cause of this problem?

Changed module load order in the new kernels and/or a problem with your
/etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules. You have to make sure that
this file has exactly one entry for each NIC in your computer and that
the correct MAC address is associated with the each eth* name.

          Florian   |