Re: How to pipe from python script to system process that script starts

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 11:48:48AM -0700, Freddy Freeloader wrote:

> Now on to the next step, to figure out a way to poll for stdin, pass
> that to exim, and process the message(thaw or remove it) based on what I
> read in the header.

Before we get too far down the garden path with this, what is the big
issue?  I'm on dialup.  I've never had to deal with removing messages
from the queue since I have exim run with -qqff which automatically
thaws the list every time it runs.  After enough retries, exim returns
the message to sender.  Then again, I'm going to a smarthost.

Under what circumstances would you need to manually remove a message
from the queue?

As for polling stdin, why?  What will it get from stdin?

Doug.