Re: mail (un)delivery

Hi there,

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 Doug wrote:

> I don't have nslookup installed but it seems wierd to me that one
> hostname would have more than one IP address.

Any host which is on more than one network interface (for example a
firewall or a router) will have more than one IP address.  It may also
have more than one hostname.  Routing determines which interface is
used for any given packet.  If you have a Virtual Private Network your
virtual IPs will be different from your physical IPs, and routing may
still be needed, but there may only be a single physical interface.

There are many other reasons why multiple IPs might exist for a single
host, and a few reasons why a single IP might be used by several hosts. :)

--

73,
Ged.

  [NON-Text Body part not included]