Re: mail (un)delivery

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 02:12:42PM +0100, michael wrote:
> I'm feeling a bit dense today so any help welcome!
>
> Essentially, I've just noticed that local mail hasn't been delivered for
> a couple of weeks. I can email off my box but not to my username on the
> box. I can't see what the problem is. They are probably both a red
> herring [1] but (a) I did have some DNS problems just prior to the last
> received email and (b) switched off the box and physically moved it to a
> new location (and the new IP number) just after the last received email.
>
> I'm unsure how to go about debugging this so all pointers welcome!

Assuming that you're using exim4, check you
/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf file for the wrong IP addresses.  If
you find any, follow the instructions at the top of the file.

Assuming that you have written yourself an email on the same box, what
error messages do you get?  What does mailq say?  Are you having exim do
a reverse DNS lookup for every mail?

Doug.