reporting spam websites

In a previous thread Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 01:54:52PM -0500, ArcticFox wrote:
>> Uh, what the heck is this crap? I hope I'm not going to start getting
>> spam through this list now....
>  >
>> Yup, it's spam. Someone needs to get the list off this....
>
> Yup, and by quoting spam and putting it back on the list, you teach
> Debian's spam filter that this wasn't spam after all.  Thanks.
>
> The list maintainers are in a constant battle.  If you must respond to
> spam on it, the best way is to locate the post in the archives on the
> web at http://lists.debian.org/debian-user then click on the 'report
> this as spam' link.  That teaches the filter what you want.

I agree with this. May I offer couple of other solutions with spam emails?

1) I report all the spam emails that I get to knujon (www.knujon.com). They
seem to be pretty good at shutting down spamvertized websites. I started
reporting all my spam emails around March 2007 and so far around 100
spamvertized websites in these emails have been shutdown.

2) Another option is to use complainterator software
(www.complainterator.com) and automatically write an email to the registrar
of the spam website and have it shut down. This approach is also yielding a
lot of good results to me. The only downside is that complainterator works
only in windows.

hth
raju

--