Re: How to bind keys to commands, without requiring login?

On 8/30/07, Masatran, R. Deepak <masatran@research.iiit.ac.in> wrote:
> I want to bind some keys to commands. I can do this using my window manager,
> but I want it to work even if (1) Nobody is logged in OR if (2) the screen
> is locked with a screen-saver.

I do not quite understand the issues!!
(1) What good are "keys" when nobody is logged in??
(2) If the screen is locked with a screen saver (by some user, may be
yourself), you still have the six VT, whch will give a shell (after
LOGGING in), wherein you might (I am not sure) use xbindkeys (as
Celejar was suggesting) to launch your favorite shell scripts (as long
as they dont require X). You certainly do not wish to launch a command
bypassing the screen lock, do you?

--
Regards
PK