Suspend problem on T60

I'm running Etch on a Lenovo T60. Up to now, I haven't had a
problem suspending my computer by shutting the lid. This
morning, I tried to do this and it didn't work; it locked the
screensaver, but did not suspend. When I re-entered my
password, there was a message from Gnome Power Manager saying
that there was a suspend problem, and pointing to a link for
more info.

The link, to
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-power-manager/faq.html , was
unhelpful; it suggested that either the hardware is
unsupported (clearly not true, as it's been working up to
now), or that I need to file a bug report, though the link to
this didn't work.

Any ideas what really might be causing this, and how to fix
the problem? I'm not sure if errors are logged, and where
they go, or any other way to evaluate what's happening. I
don't _think_ I upgraded or installed anything that might
be conflicting with this.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower