Re: Has recent apache2 upgrade screwed something

Mumia W.. wrote:
On 08/23/2007 04:03 PM, Alan Chandler wrote:
[...]
<VirtualHost  home.chandlerfamily.org.uk:80 >

        Include /etc/apache2/sites-available/www-common
        RewriteRule ^/$ /blog/app       [PT]
</VirtualHost>
[...]

I still get HTTP response "400 No Host matches server name www.chandlerfamily.org.uk."

If home.chandlerfamily.org.uk doesn't have the same IP address as www.chandlerfamily.org.uk, it won't work.

I advise you to rewrite the entire virtual host section. First read the Apache manual on virtual hosting. Don't try to use the Include directive until you have virtual hosting working without it.

Try this:

<VirtualHost home.chandlerfamily.org.uk>
  ServerName www.chandlerfamily.org.uk
  DocumentRoot /var/www/chandlerfamily
  RewriteEngine   on
</VirtualHost>

I am having something similar with my website that started just a couple of days ago. If I type my ip address (I don't have the domain name pointing to my ip address yet) I get a 400 Bad Request error from Apache2. If however, I type the internal ip address of my server into my web browser from behind the firewall and am able to get the website just fine. I have verified the firewall settings and the firewall is setup to forward all the http traffic to the correct machine. Everything used to work just fine, then I upgraded to the latest kernel for Debian Etc and now it is broken.

Anyone have any additional ideas?

-Eric