X config issues

With one of the newer updates to X, Xinerama became problematic with an Intel video chipset, which broke my dual-monitor setup (the second video card is nVidia-based). After months of living without my dual-monitor setup to which I had become accustomed, I finally snagged another nVidia-based PCI cards that I threw in my box. After running "X -configure", I got a new almost working xorg.conf file; I had to remove any references to the Intel chipset and it's matching non-existent monitor, and maybe a couple of other small tweaks, to end up with the following:

===

westk[@westek]:/home/westk:> cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "ServerLayout"
       Identifier     "X.org Configured"
       Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
       Screen      1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
       InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
       Option         "Xinerama"
EndSection

Section "Files"
       RgbPath      "/etc/X11/rgb"
       ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
       FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc"
       FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic"
       FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled"
       FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled"
       FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1"
       FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi"
       FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi"
       FontPath     "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
EndSection

Section "Module"
       Load  "glx"
       Load  "dri"
       Load  "GLcore"
       Load  "record"
       Load  "xtrap"
       Load  "extmod"
       Load  "dbe"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Keyboard0"
       Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier  "Mouse0"
       Driver      "mouse"
       Option      "Protocol" "auto"
       Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
       Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
       Identifier   "Monitor0"
       VendorName   "VSC"
       ModelName    "G220fb"
### Comment all HorizSync and VertRefresh values to use DDC:
       HorizSync    30.0 - 110.0
       VertRefresh  50.0 - 180.0
       Option      "DPMS"
       Option      "TargetRefresh"     "75"
       DisplaySize  400   300  # mm
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
       Identifier   "Monitor1"
       VendorName   "GWY"
       ModelName    "VX1110"
### Comment all HorizSync and VertRefresh values to use DDC:
       HorizSync    31.0 - 115.0
       VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
       Option      "DPMS"
       Option      "TargetRefresh"     "75"
       DisplaySize  400   300  # mm
EndSection

Section "Device"
       Identifier  "Card0"
       Driver      "nv"
       VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
       BoardName   "NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440]"
       BusID       "PCI:1:8:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
       Identifier  "Card1"
       Driver      "nv"
       VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
       BoardName   "NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440]"
       BusID       "PCI:1:7:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
       Identifier "Screen0"
       Device     "Card0"
       Monitor    "Monitor0"
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     1
       EndSubSection
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     4
       EndSubSection
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     8
       EndSubSection
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     15
       EndSubSection
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     16
       EndSubSection
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     24
       EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
       Identifier "Screen1"
       Device     "Card1"
       Monitor    "Monitor1"
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     1
       EndSubSection
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     4
       EndSubSection
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     8
       EndSubSection
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     15
       EndSubSection
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     16
       EndSubSection
       SubSection "Display"
               Viewport   0 0
               Depth     24
       EndSubSection
EndSection

===

My problem is that X seems to completely ignore my desire to set my DPI to 96 via the DisplaySize setting of 400x300mms. Instead, xdpyinfo reports:

<snip>
screen #0:
 dimensions:    3456x1392 pixels (876x353 millimeters)
 resolution:    100x100 dots per inch
 depths (7):    24, 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 32
<snip>

/var/log/Xorg.0.log is perusable at http://www.acu.edu/~westk/Xorg.0.log