Re: xterm won't start on AMD K6 with stock 2.6.22-1-486 kernel

Wayne Topa wrote:
Paul Scott(waterhorse@ultrasw.com) is reported to have said:
Laptop with AMD K6 running Debian sid

xterm works w/ stock 2.6.17-2-486

with stock 2.6.22-1-486 attempting to start xterm gives:

xterm: Error 32, errno 2: No such file or directory
Reason: get_pty: not enough ptys

I have upgraded almost anything that needed it that would have come after the 2.6.17-2-486 kernels. Any of that upgrading may have caused the xterm problem.

Sorry,  I see you posted it in one of the other threads.
Sorry. There's only one other thread which I thought had died. I don't know if any problem is caused when I accidentally post from an unsubscribed address.
Might try fixing up the threading on your mail program.
I'ts Icedove.  See above.

Thanks,

Paul

Wayne