Re: nvidia-glx under Debian 4.0r1

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 21:44:11 +0200, Bart wrote:
> I've installed Debian 4.0r1 and now I want 3D support for my Nvidia
> graphics card.
>
> I'm following instructions as can be found on
> http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers
>
> I can install the nvidia-kernel-sources, but not the nvidia-glx package.
> The error given is:

>   nvidia-glx: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.5-5) but 2.3.6.ds1-13etch2 is to be
> installed
>
> Is there a way to solve this?

You are trying to install the nvidia-glx package from Sid (a.k.a.
"unstable", the "bleeding edge, may break at any time" branch of
Debian.) You have to install the 4.0r1 (Etch, "stable") version of the
package; this one depends on the proper version of libc6.

This is probably due to a misconfiguration of your package manager.
Please post the content of the following two files:

/etc/apt/sources.list
/etc/apt/preferences

(The second file might not exist on your system; this is OK.)

I would also like to see the output that you get from the following
command:

apt-cache policy nvidia-glx

          Florian   |