Re: docBook or latex

"Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> writes:
> AFAIK, docbook is designed for creating manuals that can be
> turned into ps, pdf, text, or html without using external packages or
> requiring a huge meta-package install.

Docbook also seems to have been designed by masochists.... it's so
horribly verbose that I can't imagine how people put up with maintaining
documents written using it.  It's as if the creators got so carried away
adding features that they completely forgot about basic usability.

Latex, for all it's (many) faults, does at least try to cater to the author.

-Miles

--
97% of everything is grunge