Re: gpg in KDE, passphrase window, passphrase timeout

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 21:06:54 +0300, Giorgos Pallas wrote:
> I'm a little confused: I use gpg from the console and when asking for my
> passphrase
> , it raises a KDE window and prompts me to type it there. Why?

That is indeed a bit strange. Is kgpg running in the background?

> I also
> would like gpg to cache the passphrase for a certain period of time so
> that I don't have to type it again and again. Any ideas?

Install the "gnupg-agent" package and put "use-agent" into your
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf. The time-to-live for the passphrase can be set in
~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf. ("default-cache-ttl" and "max-cache-ttl", both
in seconds)

The gnupg-agent package puts a file into /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ which
starts the agent automatically with your X session if "use-agent" is
present in your gpg.conf.

          Florian   |