Re: Any way to stop dist-upgrade from upgrading tetex to texlive

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:48:25 -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:

>> Is there any way to stop dist-upgrade from upgrading tetex to texlive?
>>
>> I just upgraded from Etch to Lenny, and have loads of things to fix,
>> keeping tetex from upgrading to texlive will sure ease the transition for
>> the moment.
>
> In your apt.conf file try a line like exclude texl* and see if that
> helps.

wow, that's fast respond!

unfortunately, it doesn't work for me:

echo 'exclude texl*' >> /etc/apt/apt.conf

$ aptitude dist-upgrade
[...]
  python2.5-minimal texlive texlive-base texlive-base-bin
  texlive-bibtex-extra texlive-common texlive-doc-base texlive-font-utils
[...]
1127 packages upgraded, 146 newly installed, 28 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
[...]

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/