Good fdisk Practices

	It appears after reading the fdisk manual, that it is
best to put swap on whats left of the disk after calculating
one's other partition needs. The boot image should end up in the
lowest sector numbers. Do I understand this right?

	I am about to reformat a 20-gig hard disk on a
5-year-old Dell laptop that used to run Windows XP. You might
say, I am giving it a whole new outlook.

	The present fdisk report for /dev/hda shows a 32-MB
partition 1 and a 19-gig partition 2. I think I will probably
make it 19-gigs for partition 1 and 512 MB for partition2 since
the system has 256 K of RAM. Partition 1 will be Linux and
partition2 will be swap.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer