Re: Serial port connection (null modem) not working

Fili Wiese wrote:

Hello,

I'm having trouble setting up a serial connection between two servers using a
null modem cable. This link is needed as a redundant connection for
Heartbeat. Both machines are indentical (both hardware and software).
[cut]

I'm really at a loss :S Does anybody have a clue where to look next?

Maybe the (brand-new) null-modem cable is not wired properly but how do I
find that out?

It's fairly simple to check a null MODEM cable: the following URL appears to
offer an accurate description, or I could send the information in a PDF file, if
required.

Peter HB

http://www.loop-back.com/null-mod.html