Konqueror, gnome and java plugins......

Dear Debianists,

I am currently using Iceweasel with the java-gcj-compat plugin in it. My system is Debian 4.0 r1 amd64.

I have had problems with applets in Iceweasel with both the gcj java and Blackdown plugins. I have also made a Blackdown deb file that works.

As a result I wondered if the applets might run better with the java installed in Konqueror.

I installed Konqueror under gnome that I use. It loads very slowly indeed. It takes ages for the windows to appear...........

In Konqueror you go into the the settings menu and then enter a path link to the java plugin executable you want to use.

At first I used the /usr/bin/java executable I have installed but the applets just freeze.

If I install Blackdown how do I point Konqueror at it. Iceweasel seems to find it OK if you install the Blackdown deb file.

What directory would the plugin executable be in that Konqueror needs to have the path to?

Can I run Konqueror and Iceweasel together on the one java plugin?

Comments appreciated.

Regards

Michael Fothergill

The next generation of Hotmail is here!  http://www.newhotmail.co.uk