Re: Multiple MTAs?

Hi,

On 8/21/07, Strake <strake888@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Debian server, and was about to install an MTA, when I was stricken
> by indecision as to which MTA actually to install. I realized that it would
> probably be best to use Postfix to send/receive mail to/from the Internet
> (because of its security) and Exim on my internal network (because of its
> flexibility).

I'd suggest you stay with a single package - much easier to maintain
when you dig into the stuff deeper than you initially wanted to, just
choose the one you are most comfortable with. For me it's postfix if
overriding parameters in master.cf isn't flexible enough for you have
a look at http://advosys.ca/papers/postfix-instance.html it shows how
to create multiple instances of postfix with totally independent
configurations.

hth
martin