hardware temp and gkrellm

I set up etch on a new pc and gkrellm can't find any CPU or mobo monitors for temperature monitoring. My other older system uses mbmon and hdmon. Is this out of date now?

When I start mbmon on the new box it complains: Starting motherboard sensor monitoring daemon: No Hardware Monitor found!!

I've got sysfs sensors on the machine although it's not a daemon and it's not running on my old machine, so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with that.

Any advice?

thanks
Adam