Re: Running a program at system startup

* srgqwerty <srgqwerty@gmail.com> [2007 Aug 20 14:25 -0500]:
> Create a script in /etc/init.d and make a symbolic link to it in the rc
> runlevel directory that corresponds to your runlevel (or whatever runlevel
> you want the script to run).
>
> For example, the /etc/init.d/foo.sh may be:
> #!/bin/bash
> cd /foo
> /foo/make_something.sh
>
> If you want this script to run in runlevel 2, then you can:
> ln -s /etc/init.d/foo.sh /etc/rc2.d/S99foo

I like to create my local init scripts in /usr/local/etc/init.d and
symlink from there.  It prevents, however unlikely, a conflict with
the Debian scripts.  It also makes it quite easy to find that local
script that was created many moons ago.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of